SELF-MANAGEMENT, ENTREPRENEURSHIP & INDIVIDUAL RESPONSIBILITY (SMART VET)
Responding to the unprecedented challenges of COVID-19, SMART VET brings together a Strategic cross- sectorial Partnership of VET organizations, SMEs and youth organizations aiming at preparing a high quality improvement program specifically designed to increase the ability of VET teachers, trainers and mentors to foster VET students’ transition to the labour market.
Despite being the most academically qualified generation ever and facing all this pressure to succeed professionally, employers consistently report that young people are unprepared and unequipped to enter the workplace when they leave full-time education – lacking a broad range of soft skills. The project contributes to the VET students’ employability skills increase, especially during suspension periods as the lockdown due to the COVID-19 crisis. This will directly support “apprentices who are forced to take breaks in training within the workplace or are unable to work due to COVID-19 related prevention measures or illness” as allowed by the UK Department for Education, 2020.
For this reason, the 7 partners, coming from different sector sands with different specialties and capitalizing on experience in VET services, employment services, skills development, formal and non-formal education, decided to share their expertise to develop new tools and design materials to support apprentices/VET students to enhance the transversal skills needed by the current labour market.
SMART VET Partners
- Restorative Justice for All International Institute(RJ4All)-UK
- AB Calismalari Merkezi Dernegi – Turkey
- Research And Education of Social Empowerment and Transformation – RESET LTD (RESET) -Cyprus
- Namoi – Russian Federation
- Framework Association (FRAMEWORK) – Italy
- Karavan Insan Kaynaklarini Gelistirme ve Genclik Dernegi – Turkey
- Social Innovation and Cohesion Institute (Fifty-Fifty) – Greece